- Post Process
- Technical Information
- Ultimaker Material Alliance
Natural PVA Filament 750g. 2.85mm diameter and approximately 90m long
PVA (Polyvinyl Alcohol) is a water-soluble support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. With a good thermal stability, Ultimaker PVA is ideal for printing complex models that require supports for large overhangs, deep internal cavities, and intricate geometries. Designed for a seamless 3D printing experience, our PVA provides good adhesion to both PLA and Nylon.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker PVA
- Good thermal stability resulting in better degradation resistance compared to other PVA filaments
- Less moisture sensitive than other PVA filaments
- Great adhesion to both PLA and Nylon
- Safe dissolution in tap water (no harmful chemicals required)
- Biodegradable with no hazardous by-products
Dissolving PVA support
PVA allows to effortlessly create complex 3D prints by building water soluble support structures.
1. Submerge. Put your 3D print in cold or warm water depending on the build material.
2. Rinse. After PVA supports are dissolved, rinse the 3D print to remove any excess PVA solution.
3. Dry. Let the 3D print dry and apply additional post-processing to the build material if necessary.
Ultimaker PVA water soluble
As a water-soluble support material, Ultimaker PVA empowers engineers and designers to create highly detailed surfaces and complex moving mechanical parts in just one run. Coupled with the right build materials and our proven material profiles in Cura for Ultimaker 3, our PVA opens up a whole new world of opportunities for intricate designs and versatile applications.
Choosing the right material is critical to the success of your 3D print. Ultimaker's open filament system lets you print with any 2.85 mm filament, and print profiles from the Ultimaker Marketplace streamline print preparation and maximize your print success rate.Find out more