- CPE vs. CPE+
- Technical Information
- Ultimaker Material Alliance
White CPE+ 0.75kg. 2.85mm diameter and approximately 90m long
CPE (co-polyester) materials are chemical resistant, tough and demonstrate good dimensional stability. It is a preferred choice for both functional prototypes and mechanical parts. While both CPE and CPE+ provide similar performance characteristics, CPE+ provides the added benefit of higher temperature resistance and increased impact strength.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker CPE Family
- Excellent toughness with resistance to chemicals and temperatures up to 70° C
- Dimensional stability over long periods of time
- Low odour and low ultrafine particle emissions and gases
- Ideal for short-run manufacturing and functional prototypes
- Transparent option available
- Not suitable for applications where the printed part is exposed to temperatures up to 70° C
Differences between Ultimaker CPE and CPE+
- CPE is available in a wide range of colours to choose from, including grayscale for more professional looking models.
- CPE's tensile and flexural strength is higher, whilst CPE+ is formulated to be up to 10 times tougher.
- CPE+ features a temperature resistance of up to 100° C when compared to CPE, which is only resistant up to 70° C
- CPE has a better build plate adhesion than CPE+, but you won't notice the difference when using the stickers supplied in our Advanced 3D Printing Kit.
Ultimaker CPE Family: Chemical Resistant and Tough
Featuring chemical resistance and toughness, the Ultimaker CPE family of filaments is a good choice for functional prototypes and modelling. CPE+ provides the additional benefit of increased temperature and impact resistance. Thanks to Cura's new material profiles, which we've developed with care, 3D printing your parts and prototypes is easy and reliable.
Choosing the right material is critical to the success of your 3D print. Ultimaker's open filament system lets you print with any 2.85 mm filament, and print profiles from the Ultimaker Marketplace streamline print preparation and maximize your print success rate.Find out more