- Technical Information
- Ultimaker Material Alliance
Orange ABS plastic 0.75kg. 2.85mm diameter and approximately 90m long
Used by an array of industries worldwide, ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is known for its good mechanical properties. Specifically formulated to minimize warping and ensure consistent interlayer adhesion, our ABS allows the creation of functional prototypes and complex end-use parts with ease.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker ABS
- Excellent interlayer adhesion
- Good bed adhesion
- Enhanced strength for functional prototypes and manufacturing end-use parts
- Enhanced mechanical properties of regular ABS
- Not suitable for applications where the printed part is exposed to temperatures over 85°C
Due to the use of Styrene in this co-polymer, we recommend using this only in a ventilated space. The high temperatures required, coupled with its shrinkage when cooling put ABS in the expert user bracket. To achieve the best results we recommend using an enclosure.
Choosing the right material is critical to the success of your 3D print. Ultimaker's open filament system lets you print with any 2.85 mm filament, and print profiles from the Ultimaker Marketplace streamline print preparation and maximize your print success rate.Find out more