This product offers a faster way to remove print jobs with minimal effort. This not only saves time but also contributes to a smoother workflow, providing users with increased productivity and convenience. You can read this product announcement here.
- To use this consumable in an Epsilon or Sigma D25, please make sure you have the Epsilon Flexible Printing Surface (textured) – Upgrade Kit.
- Those users that have autocalibration will be able to use this flexible printing surface.
We are working on a new firmware version that will also make this product compatible with those users with an Epsilon or a Sigma D25 without autocalibration. At this moment, if you are one of these customers and you can’t wait to use it, you will need to remove the flexible surface each time you run a bed calibration.
If you don’t know whether your printer has autocalibration, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On our latest Stratos version, the 2.0, users will need to select the option for the flexible printing surface when slicing a print job. In this article from our knowledge base, we explain all the details on how to install and configure it. The new flexible printing surface is available as an upgrade kit, which includes float glass with the magnetic sheet and the flexible surface, or as a consumable, which only includes the flexible surface.
- When performing an XY calibration, users should remove the flexible surface and place the original borosilicate glass to achieve precise and reliable calibration.
- The flexible surface is not compatible with metal filaments due to their significant thermal contraction. Therefore, the original borosilicate glass is essential for optimal performance.
- This is a consumable part and will wear down overtime at a rate depending on material, cleaning routine and printing temperature.
Users interested in the new flexible printing surface can acquire it through their nearest BCN3D distributor by 1st February.