- Technical information
- How to print
BVOH (Butenediol vinyl alcohol copolymer) is a water-soluble thermoplastic optimized for the FFF manufacturing process. Our BVOH extends the compatibility with most of BCN3D filaments and can be easily printed to create the support and then dissolved with ordinary water. In comparison with PVA, BVOH supports allow to achieve better surface quality, to orientate the part to get better mechanical properties and even to print multi-component models and mechanisms with a fastest dissolution and easier to remove.
- Water-soluble supports for partially enclosed cavities and complex geometries
- Smooth finish on functional prototypes
- Sacrificial molds
- Movable mechanisms
- Hollow parts
- Water-soluble material
- Compatible with PLA, Tough PLA, PET-G, TPU 98A, ABS, PA and PAHT CF15
- Fastest dissolution
- Easy to remove inside small parts
- Less clogging issues
- Highly hygroscopic
Dissolution time BVOH vs PVA
BVOH is an outstanding support material for dual extrusion with record dissolution times in water compared with PVA. During the solubility test, BVOH shows dissolution times in water two times faster than PVA.
Wide compatibility with BCN3D Filaments portfolio
BVOH is compatible with most of the BCN3D Filaments and can be easily printed to create the support and then dissolved with ordinary water.
|Extruder temp||190° C - 210° C|
|Cooling fan||50% - 100%|
|Min. layer height||0.15 - 0.4 mm|
|Bed temp.||45ºC - 90ºC|
For BCN3D Cura users:
Get a proper printing profile for PA using the ones integrated into the BCN3D Cura. Download the latest version of BCN3D Cura.
To ensure good bed adhesion use Magigoo.
- Store it in an airtight container with desiccant.
- Dry filament before printing. Place it in a hot air dryer or vacuum oven at 60ºC for 4 to 16 hours.
- Calibrate the printer to ensure a reliable adhesion between materials and a proper alignment of both printheads.
- Clean the hotend after long prints or when switching material.