- Technical Information
- Ultimaker Material Alliance
Natural PP Filament 0.5kg. 2.85mm diameter and approximately 90m long
Ultimaker PP (Polypropylene) is durable. It has high toughness, exceptional fatigue resistance, and low friction. It also has good chemical, temperature, and electrical resistance. PP is one of the most widely used plastics on the planet. From electrical components to living hinges, PP is the go-to material for prototyping and end-use products.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker PP
- Durable with high toughness and fatigue resistance (PP retains its shape after torsion, bending, and/or flexing)
- Low friction and smooth surfaces
- Chemical resistance to a wide range of bases and acids, including industrial cleaning agents
- High electrical resistance makes it a good electrical insulator
- Low density resulting in lightweight parts (high strength-to-weight ratio)
- Excellent layer bonding
- Adequate build plate adhesion and low warping when using adhesion sheets supplied in our Advanced 3D Printing Kit
- Recyclable, for low environmental impact
Fatigue and chemical-resistant
Ultimaker PP is a good choice for printing low-friction end-use parts that have good fatigue resistance and toughness. When printing using one of our extensively tested Ultimaker Cura profiles for Ultimaker 2+ or Ultimaker 3, you get reliable results and a seamless 3D printing experience.
Choosing the right material is critical to the success of your 3D print. Ultimaker's open filament system lets you print with any 2.85 mm filament, and print profiles from the Ultimaker Marketplace streamline print preparation and maximize your print success rate.Find out more