ePLA 750g Black 3D Printer Filament
An engineering-grade PLA filament, with performance comparable to ABS. Features a heat resistance of 95°C< (after annealing) and the ability to print at speeds up to 120mm/s. ePLA gives a semi-matte finish.
- Pre-heat an convection oven at 110°C / 230°F (use a thermometer to calibrate the exact temperature)
When the oven is pre-heated, quickly put your printed object (tip: Keep the supports attached) in the oven and start a timer.
- We recommend placing the object on a flat aluminium sheet or similar.
- For small objects with thin walls & medium infill set a 20-minute timer
- For large objects with thick walls & medium infill set a 60-minute timer
- When the object is done annealing, do NOT remove the object, but instead just turn off the oven. Now wait for the oven to cool down to room temperature (this can take a while).
- Remove the object from the oven (remove the supports)
- A higher infill percentage = less shrinkage during annealing
- During the annealing process the already high crystalline ePLA material will (rapidly) crystallise furthe this means that ePLA will become extra stiff at high temperatures.
- The material has been developed for dimensional accuracy both before and after annealing which explains the low shrinkage that you will experience when working with ePLA
Recommended printing temperature (°C): 235 ± 10
Recommended heated bed temperature: Can be printed without, but if you have one, we recommend 70°C
Storage: Cool and dry conditions, ideally ~20°C