The Discov3ry is an affordable paste extruder that can easily be added to almost any existing 3D printer. It will expand the range of materials beyond molten plastic, to include a wide range of pastes.
The Custom firmware needed to be installed onto the machine via Cura does not work using Windows unless using Cura version 15.04.06. Mac users can install using any version of Cura.
3D FDM PRINTER COMPATIBILITY
The Discov3ry will work with almost any desktop 3D printer system that uses fused deposition modelling (FDM). That is, if your printer uses plastic filament, it is almost certainly compatible with the Discov3ry.
For further details about compatibility, please check out this articleClick Here
PLUG AND PLAY, ALMOST...
We've designed the Discov3ry Extruder to be as plug-and-play as possible, you can integrate with your existing desktop 3D printer in just three steps:
- Connect the Discov3ry's wiring into your existing extruder motor driver electronics (as E0, or E1 for multi-material 3D printing).
- Connect the material feed tube and Discov3ry Extruder tip to the print head of your 3D printer (This can be via 3D printed mount, magnets, or even zip ties).
- Make some simple extrusion multiplier modifications to the open-source Slicing algorithm of your choice.
- Dimensions: 6" x 6" x 14"
- Weight: 10lbs
- Number of Discov3ry Cartridges Included: 6
- Electrical Connection: 4x Stepper Motor Leads
- Slicer: Any Open Source (Slic3r, Cura, etc.)
- Warranty: 90 days manufacturers